Having trouble reading this newsletter? Open in your browser instead:
SPRING 2023 SHAHA NEWSLETTER
2023-24 Tryouts and Placements:
Even as the current season continues in full stride, The Board of Directors and the Placement Committee have been actively planning for the 2023-24 season. A few highlights:
All normal weekly practices will be at the YMCA on consistent days and times
- We expect to field a maximum of the following teams:
- 4 AAA teams (18U, 16U, 15O, 14U) PAHL-affiliated AA & A/B units:
- 3 – 18U
- 2 – 16U
- 4 – 14U
- 4-5 – 12U
- 5 – 10U
- 4 – Girls (19U, 14U, 12U)
- 9 – 8U (Red, White & Blue)
- AA & A midget-aged groups will be limited practice once the PIHL season begins based on available ice and coach request. As with this year, those practices may be at 10pm
- Registration will open in early March
- Tryouts will begin in early April for AAA, cascading to AA & A/B for over the month. 8U placements will be held in the summer/fall.
Additional details and exact schedules to be released on shaha.org
Last Practices Friday March 24th, 2023:
Last practice for non-national bound teams is Friday March 24, 2023
Current Open Registrations:
A credit to our Mite program, we have filled our first Spring ADM session and had to create a second session. A few spots remain.
- Cost: $75
- Spots Available: 50 Players (8 REMAIN)
- April 1st – 4PM, April 22nd – 4PM, April 29th – 4PM, May 3rd – 6PM, May 6th – 4PM, May 13th – 3PM
- # of Sessions: 6
- Register HERE
Our popular Mite to Squirt Transition Camp registration is open with only a FEW spots remaining. If you haven’t registered yet, please do as some non-SHAHA players are looking to register.
- Open to 2014BY players about to make the transition to Squirts.
- Cost: $75.00
- Spots Available: 40 Players (7 REMAIN)
- Dates: Monday – Thursday April 3rd – 6th
- Time: 5-6PM
- Register HERE
Ballots HAVE BEEN SENT to the primary member in TeamSnap via Election Buddy last Friday. Voting closes this Friday.
SHAHA Night Out:
- SAVE THE DATE! OCTOBER 14TH, 2023!
- Theme TBD, send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Snack Bar Monitoring:
- Please be reminded that the snack bar has 24Hr active security monitoring with high definition cameras.
- Please monitor your players and children as well as remind your players and children of this.
Season is winding down!
- There have been some fantastic games played at the Y this year, and some high level victories by our teams, Be proud to be a Panther!
- Please make sure we all carry ourselves with Panther pride in our barn and in others.
- LAST CHANCE TO GRAB YOUR 2022-23 TEAM PICTURES, THEY WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE SITE
- Digital images of all team photos have been added to https://www.shaha.org/teams/ Thank you to M&M Photography!
- We have noticed some very successful performances by our teams throughout the region and the country. As the season is winding down, and banners are going up, PLEASE make sure to submit any photos / videos for posting to email@example.com
For anyone who missed it, Spencer YMCA Rink Upgrades:
We are excited to share some upcoming upgrades to the Spencer YMCA for our SHAHA Panthers
- This coming May, all flooring in the entire building will be replaced with new rubber, including the bench areas.
- Bench areas being upgraded with new bottle holders
- New netting will be added to surround the rink area
- New glass has been acquired and is being installed first in viewing area, but enough for the entire rink as needed
- New Zamboni with Laser leveling system
- Panther board graphics on order as well as window films for front YMCA Window
- Working with the YMCA on long term planning on other upgrades such as the board systems and other rink improve
SHAHA / Spencer YMCA video added to Youtube for use on SHAHA.org:
Enjoy the rest of the season! Tryouts will be here before you know it!